Friday, January 6, 2017

The Jack of Hearts

Metasploitable 3

The Jack of Hearts

I ssh'ed into the server with the Administrator credentials previously found.

root@igor-kali:~# ssh Administrator@10.20.10.19
Administrator@10.20.10.19’s password:
Permission denied, please try again.
Administrator@10.20.10.19’s password:
-sh-4.3$
-sh-4.3$ pwd
/cygdrive/c/Users/Administrator


I started navigating through the folders and ended up in Users/Public/Documents and looking at the list of files I found a Word .docx file.

-sh-4.3$ cd Public
-sh-4.3$ ls
Desktop  Documents  Downloads  Favorites  Libraries  Music  Pictures  Videos  desktop.ini
-sh-4.3$ cd Documents/
-sh-4.3$ ls
My Music  My Pictures  My Videos  desktop.ini  jack_of_hearts.docx  seven_of_spades.pdf

I downloaded the file with scp and doubled click on the file in Kali Linux and since I don’t have any Application to read .docx files, it saw it as a Zip file and opened in the Archive Manager applications

Archive Manager

Happy guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment